The Zimmer Group has been one of the most innovative companies in the woodworking sector for over 25 years. In the 1990s and 2000s, we revolutionized the market, primarily as a think tank and OEM supplier, with groundbreaking solutions such as the world's first e-interface on the machining head. Today we deliver sophisticated high-tech products in the process chain with a focus on the highest flexibility, scalability and productivity. To do so, we use state-of-the-art development technologies and simulation methods—such as the digital twin—as a basis for designing and implementing complete production and assembly cells that feature maximum flexibility.
The basis for these innovative machine concepts includes a highly flexible, scalable transport module for workpiece transport. Individual transport units (shuttles) that can be controlled independently eliminate the need for fixed coupling of the transport with a continuous conveyor belt. Depending on the requirement, this makes it possible to set up an extremely agile and highly dynamic transport circulation with full scalability and any number of shuttles.
- Decades of experience in the field of woodworking flow into the intelligent transport system of a drilling-milling centre.
- The Zimmer Group's modular transport system is individually adapted to customer and market requirements.
- Guaranteed max. performance due to scalable minimum gap in the parts flow with lot size 1.
- Use of standardised and reliable grippers with individualised gripper jaws guarantee longevity and system availability.
- State-of-the-art drilling technology with integrated extraction ensures availability and performance.
- State-of-the-art machining technology with specially developed motor spindles ensures maximum running smoothness and durability and thus guarantees the highest possible availability.
- In the woodworking sector, the Zimmer Group works closely with renowned companies such as IMA Schelling Group GmbH.